Our volunteers are one of our most important assets at Genesis House. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please check out our Current Opportunities and then print our Volunteer Forms and return with a copy of your photo identification.
Current Volunteer Opportunities – The following opportunities are open at this time:
- Respite Care – Provide coverage in the home to allow the house parents to have time off. Our house parents are given one evening a week and one weekend a month for respite; we need women, or couples, willing to stay at the home and provide support in their absence.
- Donations Assistant – Sort and organize donations; fold baby and women’s clothing.
- Maintenance Team – Do light maintenance, cleaning, yard work, simple repairs, and occasional moving, lifting and hauling.
- Skills Instructors – Share life skill talents with our residents, including: crafts, cooking, budgeting, employment/job seeking, prenatal care, parenting, etc.
- Mailing Team – Assemble, stuff, and label our quarterly newsletter and other occasional mailings, including thank you cards and fundraiser promotional materials.
- Project Team – Occasionally we need help for bigger projects that are normally scheduled ahead of time.
- Fundraising Events – Genesis House holds a fundraising banquet in the spring, as well as smaller fundraising events throughout the year. Help is always needed in preparation for these events and at the events themselves.
- Donor Solicitation – Genesis House calls upon businesses, churches and individuals in the community to help support Genesis House and the young women and children it serves. If you enjoy phone calling or have community contacts you know would like to be involved, this may be the right place for you to serve.
- Board Service – Our board meets monthly and occasionally has a position open for a serious, dedicated individual who has a heart to serve the population we serve. This position requires a one-year commitment and making each month’s meeting a priority in their personal schedules.
Any volunteer position which will be directly interacting with the residents, (Respite Care Skills Instructors, etc.), will require registration with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry.
To register with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry, follow the link below. There is a $13 registration fee and a $1.25 processing fee.